- Microsoft blames Google for Apple rejecting offer to buy Bingby Nicola Agius on September 29, 2023 at 9:05 pm
Microsoft boss Mikhail Parakhin claims that despite offering more money than Google, the company was still turned down by Apple. The post Microsoft blames Google for Apple rejecting offer to buy Bing appeared first on Search Engine Land.
- Google search antitrust trial updates: Everything you need to know (so far)by Nicola Agius on September 29, 2023 at 8:10 pm
The landmark court case brought by the US Justice Department could spell huge changes for Google and the future of the Internet. The post Google search antitrust trial updates: Everything you need to know (so far) appeared first on Search Engine Land.
- Reddit is removing the ability to opt-out of ad personalizationby Nicola Agius on September 29, 2023 at 5:21 pm
Reddit won't be serving more ads as a result, but users can expect to see ads that are more relevant. The post Reddit is removing the ability to opt-out of ad personalization appeared first on Search Engine Land.
- TikTok launches AI-powered creative assistant to streamline ad creation processby Nicola Agius on September 29, 2023 at 3:52 pm
The tool leverages TikTok creative insights to offer data-led suggestions that could improve your campaign's performance. The post TikTok launches AI-powered creative assistant to streamline ad creation process appeared first on Search Engine Land.
- YouTube rolls out video view campaigns globallyby Nicola Agius on September 29, 2023 at 2:24 pm
VVCs help advertisers achieve 40% more views on average than in-stream skippable CPV campaigns, according to Google. The post YouTube rolls out video view campaigns globally appeared first on Search Engine Land.
- 5 useful GA4 dashboards for local SEOby Harmony Huskinson on September 29, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Wondering where to go in GA4 to gather local SEO insights? These dashboards are key to developing an effective strategy. The post 5 useful GA4 dashboards for local SEO appeared first on Search Engine Land.
- The latest jobs in search marketingby Nicola Agius on September 29, 2023 at 1:45 pm
Land your next job in SEO or PPC. These brands and agencies are hiring to fill open search marketing positions right now. The post The latest jobs in search marketing appeared first on Search Engine Land.
- The Ultimate Guide to On-Page SEO in 2023by email@example.com (Allie Decker) on September 29, 2023 at 1:15 pm
On-page SEO has the power to bring countless new visitors — and customers — right to your website.
- 3 tips for boosting sales with paid search promos and discountsby Max Trotter on September 29, 2023 at 1:00 pm
Learn three ways to use promotions and discounts in paid search to help you boost sales and capitalize on the holiday rush. The post 3 tips for boosting sales with paid search promos and discounts appeared first on Search Engine Land.
- How to recover from the Google rich results shake-upby Abigail Crosbie on September 29, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Learn the far-reaching consequences of Google's changes to HowTo and FAQ rich results and actionable steps to get back on track. The post How to recover from the Google rich results shake-up appeared first on Search Engine Land.
- The Ultimate Guide to Community Managementby firstname.lastname@example.org (Kristen Baker) on September 29, 2023 at 11:00 am
When businesses invest in community management, they transition from an everyday brand to a human brand — one that cares deeply about the people who support them, work for them, and interact with them.
- How to Organize Your Email: 11 Management Toolsby email@example.com (Lindsay Kolowich Cox) on September 29, 2023 at 11:00 am
Most people have a love-hate relationship with their email inbox. On the one hand, email can be incredibly useful — whether you're making progress with a client, replacing a meeting with a (much more efficient) email thread, or receiving an invitation to a fun social gathering.
- 12 Higher Education Marketing Trends of 2023by Holly Stayton on September 29, 2023 at 11:00 am
Marketing trends come and go at a rapid speed, and higher education isn't immune to these shifts.
- Google introduces Google-Extended to let you block Bard, Vertex AI via robots.txtby Danny Goodwin on September 28, 2023 at 7:43 pm
You can now prevent Bard and VertexAI from from accessing your website, or parts of it, by blocking Google-Extended in robots.txt. The post Google introduces Google-Extended to let you block Bard, Vertex AI via robots.txt appeared first on Search Engine Land.
- The 23 Best Graphic Design Portfolios We've Ever Seen, & How to Start Your Ownby Caroline Forsey on September 28, 2023 at 11:00 am
A great graphic design portfolio can’t move mountains, but it can change your life with a new job or opportunity. AI and other factors are impacting graphic design hiring, making your portfolio more important than ever before.
- How to Create an SEO Strategy for 2023 [Template Included]by firstname.lastname@example.org (Drew Fortin) on September 28, 2023 at 11:00 am
Here's a cliche among digital marketers: search engine optimization (SEO) isn't what it used to be.
- Creating a Culture of Inclusion: Revolutionizing Professional Standardsby email@example.com (Justina Thompson) on September 28, 2023 at 11:00 am
Welcome to Breaking the Blueprint — a blog series that dives into the unique business challenges and opportunities of underrepresented business owners and entrepreneurs. Learn how they’ve grown or scaled their businesses, explored entrepreneurial ventures within their companies, or created side hustles, and how their stories can inspire and inform your own success. In today's rapidly changing corporate landscape, the concept of “professionalism” is undergoing a transformative shift, one that may completely radicalize the working world for better.
- Social Media Platforms Marketers Should Watch in 2023by firstname.lastname@example.org (Flori Needle) on September 27, 2023 at 4:57 pm
When you visit the App Store or Google Play and search “social media,” there are hundreds of apps to choose from. But, as the pool of social platforms grows, will any of them really change the game for marketers this year?
- The Scarcity Principle: How 7 Brands Created High Demandby email@example.com (Sophia Bernazzani) on September 27, 2023 at 11:00 am
If you took the same Introduction to Economics class that I struggled through in college, you might remember this key lesson: The law of supply and demand states that a low supply and high demand for a product will typically increase its price.
- 9 Google Drive Tips You'll Wish You Knew All Alongby firstname.lastname@example.org (Lindsay Kolowich Cox) on September 27, 2023 at 11:00 am
If you asked me to name the sites and applications I use every single day, Google Drive would be near the top of the list. What’s Google Drive? a cloud-based app used for file creation, storing, sharing, collaboration, and a whole lot more.
- What is Communication? The Ultimate Guideby email@example.com (Allie Decker) on September 27, 2023 at 11:00 am
The key to any relationship is communication. This includes romantic relationships, of course, but it also applies to friendships, coworker relationships, manager-team relationships, and even brand-customer relationships.
- The Future of Partnerships: Celebrities Working For Major Brandsby firstname.lastname@example.org (Lestraundra Alfred) on September 27, 2023 at 11:00 am
Celebrity brand partnerships are evolving beyond endorsements and #sponcon.
- Retention, Referral, and Revenue: How to Create an Effective SaaS Marketing Planby Doug Bonderud on September 27, 2023 at 4:50 am
Marketing plans provide a framework to funnel customers from awareness to decision to purchase.
- 25 of the Best WordPress Newspaper Themes for 2023by email@example.com (Kristen Baker) on September 27, 2023 at 3:22 am
Whether you’re a blogger, editorial writer, journalist, or any other type of writer, there are a number of different WordPress themes that allow you to share your content with the visitors on your website.
- Google AI: How One Tech Giant Approaches Artificial Intelligenceby Kiran Shahid on September 26, 2023 at 11:00 am
Have you ever sat paralyzed, trying to craft the perfect text message? Well, one experiment from Google AI may provide the perfect solution. The team’s AI-powered Magic Compose provides multiple sample texts, so you just have to choose the right one. You can already join the waitlist to try it out.
- How to Write a Respectable Resignation Letter [+Samples & Templates]by Caroline Forsey on September 26, 2023 at 11:00 am
Even though millions quit their jobs every month, we understand that telling your boss that you're leaving the company is never an easy conversation.
- The Marketer's Ultimate Guide to Link Baitby firstname.lastname@example.org (Pamela Vaughan) on September 26, 2023 at 11:00 am
Can we please come up with some better terminology for the concept of "link bait"? For me, it conjures up thoughts of those evil bait-and-switch advertising schemes.
- How to Create Detailed Buyer Personas for Your Business [+Free Persona Template]by email@example.com (Pamela Vaughan) on September 26, 2023 at 11:00 am
Responding to major events like a pandemic or recession requires marketers to use real-time data to keep up with consumer demands, attitudes, and behaviors. However, marketing according to data points alone isn't enough to get meaningful customer engagement with your business—that's the job of a buyer persona.
- How to Write a Press Release [Free Press Release Template + Examples]by firstname.lastname@example.org (Hannah Fleishman) on September 25, 2023 at 8:00 pm
In today‘s world, brands have to generate their own buzz. Consumers aren’t waiting for the daily newspaper anymore to get their news. Instead, they're scanning headlines on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
- 170+ Fun Icebreaker Games & Activities Your Team Will Enjoy in 2023by email@example.com (Tristen Taylor) on September 25, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Tired of the same old discussions at the beginning of every meeting? Then this well-curated list of fun and insightful icebreaker games and questions is for you.
- The 16 Best Abandoned Cart Emails To Win Back Customersby Rebecca Riserbato on September 25, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Abandoned cart emails are an essential part of an email marketing strategy — especially if you’re serious about boosting sales.
- 19 Best AI Platforms for Marketers and Marketing Analysts in 2023by Olivia Deng on September 25, 2023 at 11:00 am
If you’ve used newly accessible generative AI tools, you've likely realized how many tasks you can streamline in just seconds.
- How to Create a Great Social Media Strategy Plan in 2023by firstname.lastname@example.org (Allie Decker) on September 25, 2023 at 11:00 am
Many businesses find creating social media strategies overwhelming. So many channels are available, and each platform constantly adds new features you need to learn and integrate into your marketing plan.
- How the Internet Works: An Explanation Even Non-Techies Can Understandby email@example.com (Tristen Taylor) on September 25, 2023 at 11:00 am
The internet is a marvel of modern technology, connecting people and information across the globe. But have you ever wondered how it actually works?
- Why You Still Need SMS Marketing & How to Get Started [+Data]by Amy Chamness on September 22, 2023 at 11:00 am
The average person spends five to six hours on their phones, while the average smartphone user unlocks their device around 150 times.
- Referral Traffic: 7 Ways to Drive It (And Get More Leads!)by Michael Kiel on September 22, 2023 at 11:00 am
Referral traffic is a powerful and often overlooked way to give your website a competitive edge.
- The 18 Most Creative Ad Campaigns in Historyby firstname.lastname@example.org (Lindsay Kolowich Cox) on September 21, 2023 at 11:00 am
I've always been a little leery of proclaiming anything “the best.” I never declared anyone my best friend as a kid because I was afraid my other friends might assume I thought less of them.
- 5 Must-Read Books for Building Brands and Wealth by Entrepreneurs of Colorby email@example.com (Jenay Zhyrov) on September 21, 2023 at 11:00 am
Welcome to Breaking the Blueprint — a new blog series that dives into the unique business challenges and opportunities of underrepresented business owners and entrepreneurs. Learn how they’ve grown or scaled their businesses, explored entrepreneurial ventures within their companies, or created side hustles, and how their stories can inspire and inform your own success.
- The 23 Best Cover Letter Examples: What They Got Rightby Amanda Zantal-Wiener on September 21, 2023 at 11:00 am
Fun isn’t something typically associated with writing a cover letter. But the cover letter examples below show that it’s possible to have a little fun with your job search — and maybe even make yourself a better candidate in the process.
- The 2 Simple & Straightforward Methods for Market Sizing Your Businessby firstname.lastname@example.org (Clifford Chi) on September 21, 2023 at 11:00 am
When you’re considering a new venture, one of the first things you should do is determine whether there is a valuable market for it.
- The Beginner's Guide to LinkedIn Marketing & Networkingby Amanda Zantal-Wiener on September 20, 2023 at 11:00 am
Did you know LinkedIn has over 774 million users across the globe? This metric alone makes the platform one of the top social networks today.
- What is Public Relations? PR Definition Explainedby Caroline Forsey on September 20, 2023 at 11:00 am
Image is an important aspect of brand awareness, which influences whether your potential customers know, like, and trust you. Where publicity is outside a brand's control, public relations (PR) is an effective way to contribute to the conversation.
- Creating a Fulfilling Workplace: 5 Guaranteed Ways to Boost Job Satisfaction on Your Teamby Daniel Doan on September 20, 2023 at 11:00 am
Job satisfaction is like a warm, cozy blanket on a cold winter day. It‘s waking up and being excited to go to work. It’s the feeling of achievement and gratification after completing a task. In other words, job satisfaction is the degree of joy and fulfillment a person attains from their selected occupation.
- How Sorority Rush Became Big Social Media Businessby email@example.com (Lestraundra Alfred) on September 20, 2023 at 11:00 am
Sorority recruitment has transformed from a secretive process to big social media business.
- How to Use Google Calendar: 21 Features That'll Make You More Productiveby firstname.lastname@example.org (Ginny Mineo) on September 20, 2023 at 11:00 am
Some things you think will be simple actually end up getting really complex. Google knows this all too well, which is why Google Calendar has plenty of nifty features to simplify scheduling.
- How to Create a 5-Year Plan You'll Actually Stick To [In 4 Steps]by email@example.com (Martina Bretous) on September 19, 2023 at 11:00 am
One common question you’ll get asked in an interview is, "Where do you see yourself in five years?"
- How to Run a Perfect Kickoff Meetingby Jenny Romanchuk on September 19, 2023 at 11:00 am
Starting your project without a kickoff meeting is like hiking without a map. Sure, you might enjoy some cool trails, but you'll probably get lost without a map and a clear plan.
- How to Create a Pivot Table in Excel: A Step-by-Step Tutorialby firstname.lastname@example.org (Erik Devaney) on September 19, 2023 at 11:00 am
The pivot table is one of Microsoft Excel’s most powerful — and intimidating — functions. Pivot tables can help you summarize and make sense of large data sets. However, they also have a reputation for being complicated.
- 19 SEO Tips Straight From the Mouths of HubSpot's SEO Teamby Rebecca Riserbato on September 19, 2023 at 11:00 am
HubSpot's monthly blog traffic flattened in 2017, and the culprit was relying on our intuition to determine our audience's preferences. We pivoted to organic search, which generated most of our traffic and propelled us past the plateau. In this post, we’ll outline the organic strategy that fueled our traffic boost and essential research insight and tips from SEO experts.
- How to Switch Platforms as a Creator and Amass New Followersby email@example.com (Erica Santiago) on September 18, 2023 at 11:00 am
Nowadays, it seems like new social media platforms are cropping up while older ones crumble.
- A Conversation with Hotjar: How They Scaled Organic Traffic Into Millionsby Sean Potter on September 18, 2023 at 11:00 am
User empathy is at the heart of everything we do at Hotjar, and that extends into our content strategy.
- How to Mix Data Science and AI Without Expertise in Either (Expert Tips & Tools)by firstname.lastname@example.org (Erica Santiago) on September 18, 2023 at 11:00 am
As a marketer, you‘ve likely noticed data’s importance in decision-making and strategizing. You're also probably tired of being bogged down with manually collecting and reporting data.
- How to Get to Inbox Zero in Gmail, Once and for Allby email@example.com (Lindsay Kolowich Cox) on September 18, 2023 at 6:58 am
We’re inundated with email daily — making it hard to keep track of tasks and manage your workflow. However, organizing your emails doesn’t have to be a pain. In fact, it’s possible to get your Gmail inbox to zero in as little as 15 minutes.
- How to Write a Blog Post: A Step-by-Step Guide [+ Free Blog Post Templates]by firstname.lastname@example.org (Rachel Leist) on September 15, 2023 at 7:30 pm
If you’ve ever read a blog post, you’ve consumed content from a thought leader that is an expert in their industry. Chances are if the blog post was written effectively, you came away with helpful knowledge and a positive opinion about the writer or brand that produced the content.
- How to Write a Cover Letter for an Internship [Examples & Template]by Caroline Forsey on September 15, 2023 at 11:00 am
Writing a cover letter can feel like a daunting task, especially if you don’t have a lot of real-world experience.
- 20 Tools & Resources for Conducting Market Researchby email@example.com (Jami Oetting) on September 15, 2023 at 11:00 am
Finding out if a product will be successful beyond the initial curiosity is just good business. With market research, you determine whether the opportunity exists, how to position the product or service, or what consumers' opinions are after the launch.
- How to Create an Engaging 5-Minute Presentationby Caroline Forsey on September 15, 2023 at 11:00 am
A 5-minute speech can feel both incredibly short and infinitely long. While this short format encourages audiences to pay more attention, presenters often struggle to fit everything into five minutes even as they navigate nervousness that seems to stretch out each second.
- The 6 Stages of the Product Life Cycle [+Examples]by Rebecca Riserbato on September 14, 2023 at 11:00 am
When I was 12 years old, I used to be confused about my cousin's CD collection. Why have CDs when I could go on iTunes and listen to all my favorite songs? This is a perfect example of a product life cycle (PLC) in action.
- Leadership Styles: The 11 Most Common & How to Find Your Style [Quiz]by firstname.lastname@example.org (Braden Becker) on September 14, 2023 at 11:00 am
Imagine the leaders that inspire you. Each is likely unique, with a different style they use to meet goals, motivate, and animate their teams. There are many different styles of leadership, and each can have a different impact on a company.
- 12 Best Free (& Private) Email Accounts & Service Providers of 2023by email@example.com (Braden Becker) on September 14, 2023 at 11:00 am
You need a free email account — whether it’s for networking, job recruitment, downloading resources, transferring files, setting reminders, meeting with colleagues, or something else.
- Cannibalizationby Tom Capper on September 17, 2021 at 7:00 am
In today's episode of Whiteboard Friday, Moz SEO expert Tom Capper walks you through cannibalization: what it is, how to identify it, and how to fix it.
- Tackling 8,000 Title Tag Rewrites: A Case Studyby Dr. Peter J. Meyers on September 16, 2021 at 7:00 am
Let's take an in-depth look at Moz.com title tags that were re-written by Google, including three case studies where we managed to fix bad rewrites.
- How Our Website Conversion Strategy Increased Business Inquiries by 37%by Irwin Hau on September 15, 2021 at 7:00 am
See how, through several little tweaks to their conversion strategy, the team at Chromatix attracted a higher tier of customers, more inquiries, plus over $780,000 worth of new sales opportunities.
- How to Add Products to Your Google My Business Listing, Illustratedby Miriam Ellis on September 13, 2021 at 7:00 am
Miriam helps you get started in Google My Business Products with this illustrated tutorial, walking you through how to add your most important products and services.
- The Three Bosses of SEOby Ola King on September 10, 2021 at 7:00 am
In SEO, there are three main “bosses” with different needs: your business, your searchers, and your search engines. How do you answer to all of them?
- Winning the Page Speed Race: How to Turn Your Clunker of a Website Into a Race Carby Pam Aungst Cronin on September 8, 2021 at 7:00 am
Winning the page speed race requires the same things as winning a car race: making sure that your vehicle is as lightweight as possible, as powerful as possible, and that you navigate the racetrack as efficiently as possible.
- Responsive Search Ads: 5 Best Practices for Google Ads PPC Search Campaignsby Tanuja Mahdavi on September 7, 2021 at 7:00 am
These tips will help you optimize your responsive search ads in your Google Ads search campaigns, and increase clicks and conversions.
- How to Calculate Your SEO ROI Using Google Analyticsby Adriana Stein on September 6, 2021 at 7:00 am
Measuring ROI for your SEO efforts involves two factors: KPIs and the cost of your current SEO campaigns. With GA, you can pinpoint where your audience is coming from, set goals to stay on track, and incorporate the most attractive keywords to rank better in search engines.
- How to Use STAT to Find SEO Opportunities at Scaleby Cyrus Shepard on September 3, 2021 at 7:00 am
Today, Cyrus explains how powerful STAT can be when you’re trying to discover SEO opportunities on a massive scale.
- The Guide to Targeted-Impact Link Buildingby Garrett French on September 1, 2021 at 7:00 am
Links drive rankings — that’s one thing that SEOs and marketers can agree on. But which rankings, and for which pages on your website? Use this guide to build links that impact rankings for specific pages on your website.