We think some of the prevalent technology trends into the next decade will drive a great wave of disruption and create the largest opportunities in the market seen for many decades and will usher in the next phase of long overdue evolutionary level change. We are certain that exciting times are ahead for the sector, however, the proviso is that it will require much effort to keep up with what will be a very uncertain but exciting decade of growth opportunities.
By the beginning of the decade over two thirds of enterprises will be experimenting with immersive technologies for both consumer and enterprise use, and over a quarter will have them deployed in production, and low-code application development will be responsible for almost two thirds percent of application development activity approaching the middle of the decade.
Amongst these we consider the cloud, blockchain, human augmentation and automation as some of the major technology trends that have potential to power both transformation and optimisation initiatives. Leaders and innovators will have to work along the principles of embracing this ever evolving environment or risk getting left far behind.
Here are the some of the major trends for the next decade that we predict will dominate the sector moving ahead from 2020……….
- Artifiical Intelligence
- Augmented Reality
- Human Augementation
- Cloud Computing
- Machine Learning
- Big Data
- Internet Of Things
- PayPal CEO Discusses Responsible Innovation at DC Fintechby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on October 22, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Dan Schulman shared his perspectives on going beyond financial inclusivity and boosting financial health through technology.
- How to Get Your Cloud Spending Under Controlby Paul Lewis, CTO, Pythian on October 22, 2021 at 11:00 am
Cloud spending is now a significant part of a company’s IT budget, yet nearly one-third of it goes to waste. Here are some strategies to help you optimize.
- Multi-government operation targets REvil ransomware groupon October 22, 2021 at 10:36 am
- Women more likely to have retrained for tech roles than menon October 22, 2021 at 7:26 am
- MEPs vote to expand Europol data mandateon October 22, 2021 at 7:00 am
- Government seeks supplier for UK digital identity projecton October 22, 2021 at 4:30 am
- Post Office board ‘appalling’ and ‘short-sighted’, said minister researching Horizon project in 2000on October 22, 2021 at 4:25 am
- DC Fintech Week Tackles Financial Inclusivityby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on October 21, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Digital currency, startups, and other fintech resources could create more banking and lending opportunities for minorities.
- IT’s Pivotal Role in Customer Serviceby Mary E. Shacklett, President of Transworld Data on October 21, 2021 at 11:41 am
Great customer service requires even greater IT -- and it’s time for IT leaders to assume a central role.
- Airport operator MAG boosts threat visibility with hybrid SOCon October 21, 2021 at 11:00 am
- SAP Q3 2021: Cloud year-on-year revenue up one-fifth, S/4 Hana adoption steadyon October 21, 2021 at 9:49 am
- Depop launches programme to help charities sell onlineon October 21, 2021 at 7:45 am
- German regulator imposes limit on number of new customers digital bank can sign each monthon October 21, 2021 at 7:21 am
- NetApp Insight frames moves to public cloud and cloud nativeon October 21, 2021 at 6:30 am
- Gartner: Top Predictions for IT Organizations and Users for 2022 and Beyondby Jessica Davis, Senior Editor on October 20, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Will bosses be eliminated? Will Africa become the new India? Will enterprises stop trying to collect so much consumer information? These are among the many topics addressed by Gartner's most recent Top Predictions list.
- Facebook’s Teachable Momentby John Beattie, Principal, Sungard Availability Services on October 20, 2021 at 11:00 am
Unexpected disruptions can happen to anyone -- your own company or the vendors whose services you use. Here are three things to learn from the latest Facebook outage.
- UK government launches information assurance unit for defenceon October 20, 2021 at 10:45 am
- UK government allocates £17.5m to farming innovation programmeon October 20, 2021 at 10:45 am
- A Computer Weekly buyer’s guide to sustainable datacentreson October 20, 2021 at 10:15 am
- Spectra Logic unveils Vail hybrid cloud storage virtualisationon October 20, 2021 at 10:00 am
- US intelligence agencies issue advisory on BlackMatter gangon October 20, 2021 at 9:35 am
- Lloyds Bank closes more branches as customers migrate to digital channelson October 20, 2021 at 9:11 am
- LightBasin hackers breach 13 telcos in two yearson October 20, 2021 at 7:08 am
- Oracle NetSuite embeds HSBC corporate banking services into ERPon October 20, 2021 at 7:00 am
- What does Saudi Arabia’s autonomous vehicle agenda mean to the rest of the world?on October 20, 2021 at 6:30 am
- DWP IT chief outlines the challenges of establishing a Chief Data Officeon October 20, 2021 at 6:15 am
- Should a Top IT Performer Be Allowed to Hold Multiple Organization Roles?by John Edwards, Technology Journalist & Author on October 19, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Versatility is an admirable trait in any IT team member. But what happens when a manager allows staffers to stretch their talents too far?
- How CIOs Can Grow and Spend Political Capital to Achieve Executive Impactby Irving Tyler, Distinguished Research VP, Gartner, Inc. on October 19, 2021 at 11:00 am
Successful IT Leaders collect and spend political capital through three main sources: their position, borrowing it from others and their personal power base.
- Tech Vendors Target Enterprise ESG Reportingby Jessica Davis, Senior Editor on October 18, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Environmental, social, and governance reporting is growing in importance. Two big tech vendors recently announced new ESG solutions.
- Enabling Citizen Data Scientists to Reach Their Full Potentialby Ant Phillips, CTO, D4t4 Solutions Plc on October 18, 2021 at 11:00 am
With data scientists topping the charts as one of the most in-demand roles globally, many organizations are turning to non-traditional employees to help find greater value in their information.
- Mastering Analytics With DataOps And Data Fabricson October 18, 2021 at 10:00 am
(SPONSORED) Companies acquire tools and functionality to unify silos and apply their analytic insights for business success.
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Highlights Security for Open Sourceby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on October 15, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Vulnerabilities in the life cycle of open-source software development can start from tiny crumbs but grow into substantial issues.
- What Product Teams Can Learn from DevOps Principlesby Rachel Obstler, EVP Product, Heap on October 15, 2021 at 11:00 am
For teams looking to adopt the product-led growth business model, look no further than the principles laid out by DevOps teams for guidance on how to do it right.
- RPA Deals Heat Up Amid Faster Digital Transformation Pushesby Jessica Davis, Senior Editor on October 14, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Automation is a key component in successful digital transformations today, and several big tech vendors are adding these capabilities by acquiring RPA vendors. Tibco and Blue Prism are joining forces, for instance.
- Modern App Dev: An Enterprise Guideby Cathleen Gagne, Managing Editor, InformationWeek on October 14, 2021 at 11:00 am
Developers don’t sit behind glass walls anymore. And citizen developers are jumping into the low end of the app pool. Just what’s going on in the insanely busy world of software application development?
- Google Cloud Next Paints Digital Landscape Where Data and AI Meetby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on October 13, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Kickoff for annual conference shows how some enterprises explore new layers of transformation through cloud migration.
- Stop Using AI and ML Interchangeablyby Emily Yale (Heath), Principal Data Scientist, F5 Shape Security on October 13, 2021 at 11:00 am
The definitions of artificial intelligence and machine learning have evolved, so it’s important for everyone to understand the distinctions.
- How to Build a Strong and Effective Data Retention Policyby John Edwards, Technology Journalist & Author on October 12, 2021 at 12:00 pm
In a world awash with data, it's important to keep important enterprise records safe, secure, and organized
- Safely and Securely Bringing Employees Back to the Officeby Jim Finney, SVP of IT, First Tech Federal Credit Union on October 12, 2021 at 11:00 am
IT departments across the world know that employees may have forgotten their cybersecurity hygiene and developed bad habits from working remotely. Here’s some advice to get back on track.
- A Question of Digital Balanceon October 11, 2021 at 12:59 pm
(SPONSORED) Planning IT strategy with the pandemic in the rear-view mirror has presented a two-pronged question to organizations. How does IT support the running of today’s business in the face of dynamic disruption while still transforming to adapt for the future? It’s a digital dilemma facing many organizations.
- Streamlining Data Storage at the 49ers’ Homefieldby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on October 11, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Levi’s Stadium consolidates disparate data silos to further futureproof its services and boost operational efficiency.
- How to Optimize Your Hybrid Cloud Architectureby Eric Dynowski, Chief Solutions Officer, Deft on October 11, 2021 at 11:00 am
Enterprises increasingly rely on a hybrid cloud strategy to deliver scalability, flexibility, configurability, and control. But for many, cloud spend is wasted money. Here’s how to reap the full benefits.
- The Cyber Insurance Market in Fluxby Richard Pallardy, Freelance Writer on October 8, 2021 at 12:00 pm
With cyber-attacks on the rise, cyber insurance is becoming a necessity for many organizations. But costs are skyrocketing, and claims are being denied.
- 3 Biggest Mistakes Companies Make When Adopting Cloud Computingby Madhuri Sesha Sarma, Head of Product Engineering, Orum.io on October 8, 2021 at 11:00 am
To avoid these pitfalls, companies should think strategically and treat migration as an opportunity to optimize their resource utilization and application stack.
- Top 40 Ansible Interview Questions and Answers of 2021by Megha Parvathy on October 8, 2021 at 9:41 am
The post Top 40 Ansible Interview Questions and Answers of 2021 appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- Top Digital Marketing Project Ideasby Atif Khan on October 7, 2021 at 2:06 pm
Website analysis using SEO tools Google Analytics Google Console Paid ad campaigns for any organization The post Top Digital Marketing Project Ideas appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- 5 Lessons from Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp Outageby Jessica Davis, Senior Editor on October 7, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Facebook learned the hard way that a single configuration error can take down the mightiest of networks. Here are a few things that can help enterprises avoid making the same mistake.
- Should Sustainability Be an IT Priority?by Mary E. Shacklett, President of Transworld Data on October 7, 2021 at 11:00 am
Everyone likes to talk about sustainable IT. But how many CIOs are actively including it as a priority?
- OWASP: Top 10 Security Risks and Vulnerabilitiesby Naveen on October 7, 2021 at 9:04 am
Let us take a look at what is covered in this blog: What is OWASP? The post OWASP: Top 10 Security Risks and Vulnerabilities appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- Top 10 Tips for AWS Disaster Recovery Planby Naveen on October 7, 2021 at 7:45 am
In this blog, you will learn what an AWS disaster recovery plan (DRP) is The post Top 10 Tips for AWS Disaster Recovery Plan appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- What is Ransomware? A Complete Overviewby Naveen on October 7, 2021 at 6:47 am
Let us look at the topics addressed in this article: What is Ransomware? History The post What is Ransomware? A Complete Overview appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- Seaports, Backlogged Supply Chain Seek a Digital Responseby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on October 6, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Can data and software platforms help ease the burden on the logistics supply chain as cargo ships sit waiting at ports?
- The Art of Sharing Credit for a Successful IT Projectby John Edwards, Technology Journalist & Author on October 6, 2021 at 11:00 am
Being magnanimous is a painless way to inspire an IT team while enhancing its leader's reputation.
- Pratt & Whitney’s Low-Code Strategy to Save Development Timeby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on October 5, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Aircraft engine maker leverages platform from WEBCON to tighten up some of its operations.
- Reinventing the Customer Experience, One Process at a Timeby Daniel Csoka, Senior Manager, Deloitte’s Center for Process Bionics, Deloitte Consulting LLP on October 5, 2021 at 11:00 am
Customer experience is at the core of all company functions. Organizations should look to new methods of transformation to uncover inefficiencies and drive new value.
- Moving Banks Out of their Brick-and-Mortar Mindseton October 4, 2021 at 4:44 pm
Fintech firms competing with physical premises banks want to take over your direct customer relationships, to drain the most profitable parts of the value chain. Here’s how to stop them. (Sponsored)
- Why Enterprises are Training AI for Local Marketsby Jessica Davis, Senior Editor on October 4, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Machine learning models are often trained with US-based data. Artificial intelligence localization is an effort to create data sets to train models for the many other markets in the world.
- 3 Ways to Better Apply AI to Small Data Setsby Amnon Mishor, CTO and Founder, Leadspace on October 4, 2021 at 11:00 am
Stop assuming the past is your future: One of the more common issues in applying artificial intelligence is blindly relying on historical data for predicting future situations.
- Snowflake vs. Redshift Comparison: Choosing the Right Data Warehouseby Naveen on October 1, 2021 at 12:39 pm
It is more about suitability than superiority between these two cloud data warehouses. After covering The post Snowflake vs. Redshift Comparison: Choosing the Right Data Warehouse appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- What is AWS Pinpoint?by Naveen on October 1, 2021 at 12:26 pm
This blog includes: What is Amazon Pinpoint? Unique Features of AWS Pinpoint How does it The post What is AWS Pinpoint? appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- AWS Well-Architected Framework Explainedby Naveen on October 1, 2021 at 12:20 pm
Introduction to AWS Well-Architected Framework Well-Architected Design Principles Five Pillars of AWS Well-Architected Framework Operational The post AWS Well-Architected Framework Explained appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- What is Azure HDInsight?by Naveen on October 1, 2021 at 12:14 pm
Today, our lives are greatly influenced by technology. We use gadgets everyday that help us The post What is Azure HDInsight? appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- What is Azure ExpressRoute?by Naveen on October 1, 2021 at 12:06 pm
Organizations use cloud services for making their workflows quick and efficient. This work can be The post What is Azure ExpressRoute? appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- How PepsiCo Put Data to Work Connecting to Customersby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on October 1, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Developing a strategy to use first-party data helped the food and beverage giant adopt more nuanced understandings of consumers.
- 6 Tips to Adopt and Thrive With a Product-Driven Cultureby Anand Krishnan, Global Head Technology Solutions & Presales, Persistent Systems on October 1, 2021 at 11:00 am
For the CIO who has not yet welcomed the change from software/application project to product, here are several ways to shift your thinking.
- Why to Rethink Liability Insurance for ITby Mary E. Shacklett, President of Transworld Data on September 30, 2021 at 12:00 pm
For years, companies have protected themselves with general liability insurance. But with the new range of cyber threats, IT has become part of the liability discussion.
- How to Boost Camaraderie, Connections for Remote and Hybrid Teamsby Ed Macosky, SVP and Head of Product, Boomi on September 30, 2021 at 11:00 am
Successful tech leaders need to find new ways to connect with their teams, give everyone a voice, and take time to revisit their company’s mission.
- Think ‘Adaptive, Creative, and Resilient’ to Drive Growthby Matthew Guarini, VP and Senior Research Director, Forrester on September 29, 2021 at 1:55 pm
Leaders must reimagine their approach to technology by embracing a “future fit” strategy. This will help them achieve customer obsession.
- How to Know When to Abandon an Underperforming Cloud Providerby John Edwards, Technology Journalist & Author on September 29, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Switching cloud providers is never a decision to be taken lightly, yet change is often unavoidable.
- Data Engineers in High Demand, Winning High Salariesby Jessica Davis, Senior Editor on September 28, 2021 at 12:01 pm
Get ready to pay six figures for your new data engineer. Quantitative recruiting firm Burtch Works' first salary survey reveals the salaries and trends impacting these data infrastructure experts.
- Has Your Business Defined Customer Experience Correctly?by Hansa Iyengar, Principal Analyst, Omdia on September 28, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Many enterprises believe that their transformation is customer-centric, but Omdia research has found that customer-centric, customer-obsessed, customer-focused are obscure terms that, unless defined clearly, can derail the success of transformation agendas.
- In-House Gatekeepers Help CIOs Drive Digital Initiativesby Sebastian Grady, President, Rimini Street on September 28, 2021 at 11:00 am
CIOs and CFOs must forge strong partnerships to execute powerful digital transformation strategies and achieve larger organizational goals.
- How Evite Used Cloud Scalability to Match Its Elasticityby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on September 27, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Evite CEO discusses how the social planning site made the most of the cloud at the onset of the pandemic and the eventual resurgence of in-person interaction.
- Cloud Computing Like a Day in a Chocolate Factory for IT Managersby Carlos Melendez, COO and Co-Founder, Wovenware on September 27, 2021 at 11:00 am
But buyers beware: Here’s how cloud costs can creep up in the enterprise and ways to keep them in check.
- Capitalize on Valuable Data With a Single Analytics Platformon September 27, 2021 at 10:00 am
Here’s how companies are connecting data, assets, and people to solve their analytics challenges. (Sponsored)
- When to Pull the Plug on a Failing IT Projectby Andrew Froehlich, President & Lead Network Architect, West Gate Networks on September 24, 2021 at 12:00 pm
The best-laid schemes of mice and men -- often go awry. Don’t be afraid to read the signs and raise concerns.
- 3 Ways to Do AIOps Right in Cloud-Native Environmentsby Andreas Berger, Lead Product Engineer, Dynatrace Application Security on September 24, 2021 at 11:00 am
For AIOps to deliver value for these teams, it must be fully automated, in context, and able to shift left for development and shift right for operations.
- Pros and Cons of Being a CIO at a Non-Profit Entityby Mary E. Shacklett, President of Transworld Data on September 23, 2021 at 12:00 pm
For those private sector CIOs considering the move, here are several important differences to understand first.
- Ways to Prevent Multi-Cloud Mayhemby Mark Porter, Chief Technical Officer, MongoDB on September 23, 2021 at 11:00 am
Here are some approaches on how you can enable agile engineering teams across all clouds.
- IT Talent Shortage Hobbles Emerging Tech Adoptionby Jessica Davis, Senior Editor on September 22, 2021 at 12:00 pm
The lack of skilled IT workers is hurting the deployment of emerging technology, according to a new survey from Gartner. In areas from cloud to cybersecurity, this crisis is expected to last for years to come.
- How to Get the Most out of an Acquired Company’s Technologyby Jeff Highley, VP, Solution Engineering, Rackspace on September 22, 2021 at 11:00 am
Don’t think that integration ends when you welcome the acquired company’s employees to your organization. Integrating people, processes and technology takes time.
- The IT Skills Shortage Expands and Deepensby John Edwards, Technology Journalist & Author on September 21, 2021 at 12:00 pm
It's easy to identify the IT sectors experiencing a major shortage of skilled talent: all of them.
- Identifying Tool Sprawl and Its Impact on Your Companyby Ariel Assaraf, CEO, Coralogix on September 21, 2021 at 11:00 am
You’ve heard ‘tool sprawl’ being thrown around before. Now you’re asking yourself what is it, is your company suffering from it, and what to do next? Here’s some advice.
- JLL CIO: Hybrid Work, AI, and a Data and Tech Revolutionby Jessica Davis, Senior Editor on September 20, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Fortune 500 real estate giant JLL CIO Eddy Wagoner says that the office experience is space plus technology. Here's why the company has acquired an AI startup and launched a tech-focused venture capital fund.
- How Enterprises Can Tackle Misinformation in the Workplaceby Joe DosSantos, Chief Data Officer, Qlik on September 20, 2021 at 11:00 am
As the line between our personal and professional lives remains blurry, leaders need to arm their people with the tools and understanding they need to identify and combat misinformation.
- What is Zero-Trust Data Management?on September 20, 2021 at 10:00 am
Legacy backup solutions are good at recovering from natural disasters and IT failures; ransomware recovery requires you to rethink your security strategy. Learn why you need zero-trust data management. (Sponsored)
- Cloud Native Driving Change in Enterprise and Analyticsby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on September 17, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Software development via cloud-native resources continues to gain traction among enterprises looking for scale, security, and accessibility of business intelligence.
- Doing Tech Business With the Federal Governmentby Bob Dunn, VP, Global Governments, Juniper Networks on September 17, 2021 at 11:00 am
Here are five things every technology company needs to know before they dive into the federal market.
- DeveloperWeek Tackles Continuous Delivery and Uncertaintyby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on September 16, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Workshop focused on dealing with recurring, yet operational technical issues, before they snowball into major calamities in software development.
- Are You Managing Your Modernization Program Correctly?by Hansa Iyengar, Principal Analyst, Omdia on September 16, 2021 at 11:00 am
Most modernization programs do not solve the problem of accumulating technical debt, and this continues to influence future decisions, essentially crippling the digitalization of the business.
- How to Deploy Disruptive Technologies with Minimal Disruptionby John Edwards, Technology Journalist & Author on September 15, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Here's what IT and business leaders need to look out for as their enterprises embrace the future.
- How CIOs Can Best Prepare for the Future of (Hybrid) Workby Jenny Koehler, US Cloud & Digital Leader at PwC on September 15, 2021 at 11:00 am
With modern employees seeking out hybrid and flexible job options, how can CIOs help both their businesses and employees thrive?
- Lessons in Becoming Data Drivenby Jessica Davis, Senior Editor on September 14, 2021 at 12:00 pm
With greater competition in a digital world, it's urgent for organizations to prioritize their projects to become data driven.
- IT & Customer Service: Why and How to Do It Betterby Mary E. Shacklett, President of Transworld Data on September 14, 2021 at 11:00 am
If the IT department doesn't serve its end users well, those users may find undesirable, unsafe alternatives. What can CIOs do to improve IT's customer service?
- IT & Customer Service: Why and How to Do It Betteron September 14, 2021 at 11:00 am
If the IT department doesn't serve its end users well, those users may find undesirable, unsafe alternatives. What can CIOs do to improve IT's customer service?
- How AI Will Shape the Post-Pandemic Office Experienceby Dave Wright, Chief Innovation Officer, ServiceNow on September 13, 2021 at 11:00 am
Artificial intelligence and machine learning will permeate the enterprise as organizations prepare for the hybrid future of work, unlocking new levels of productivity.
- Space: The Next Tech Industry Frontier?by John Edwards, Technology Journalist & Author on September 13, 2021 at 11:00 am
Tech has transformed life on earth over the past several decades. Will new space-oriented research lead to a fresh generation of innovations, both in space and on earth?
- Bringing DevOps Speed, Efficiencies and Benefits to Cybersecurityon September 13, 2021 at 10:00 am
(Sponsored) Simplicity, automation and seamless integration
- Dispelling 4 Common Myths Related to Business Developersby Preetpal Singh, VP, Intelligent Business Automation, Persistent Systems on September 10, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Business/citizen developers will neither take over the world nor ruin it. Rather than focus on extremes, enterprises should consider the targeted use cases for low code.
- How Enterprise Tech Has Evolved Twenty Years After 9/11by Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on September 10, 2021 at 11:00 am
Reassessing technology demands that emerged two decades ago and their influence on the current state of affairs for enterprises.