We think some of the prevalent technology trends into the next decade will drive a great wave of disruption and create the largest opportunities in the market seen for many decades and will usher in the next phase of long overdue evolutionary level change. We are certain that exciting times are ahead for the sector, however, the proviso is that it will require much effort to keep up with what will be a very uncertain but exciting decade of growth opportunities.
By the beginning of the decade over two thirds of enterprises will be experimenting with immersive technologies for both consumer and enterprise use, and over a quarter will have them deployed in production, and low-code application development will be responsible for almost two thirds percent of application development activity approaching the middle of the decade.
Amongst these we consider the cloud, blockchain, human augmentation and automation as some of the major technology trends that have potential to power both transformation and optimisation initiatives. Leaders and innovators will have to work along the principles of embracing this ever evolving environment or risk getting left far behind.
Here are the some of the major trends for the next decade that we predict will dominate the sector moving ahead from 2020……….
- Artifiical Intelligence
- Augmented Reality
- Human Augementation
- Cloud Computing
- Machine Learning
- Big Data
- Internet Of Things
- Top 3 IT Service Management Misconceptionson September 27, 2022 at 4:31 pm
Searching for the right IT Service Management tool? Here are three common ITSM misconceptions and what to look for to improve your service delivery.
- Fraudsters adapt phishing scams to exploit cost-of-living crisison September 27, 2022 at 12:00 pm
- Quick Study: The Evolving Roles of CIOs and IT Leadersby James M. Connolly, Contributing Editor and Writer on September 27, 2022 at 12:00 pm
The roles and responsibilities of chief information officers have changed dramatically, and will continue to shift as the job itself morphs in the years ahead. Here’s a curated collection of articles that looks at the many hats IT leaders are wearing today.
- Level Up Your Analytics: How to Vet Third-Party Data Providersby Mary E. Shacklett, President of Transworld Data on September 27, 2022 at 11:30 am
Many organizations are improving their analytics practices by incorporating data from third-party providers. Here's a look at the risks and best practices.
- DeepMind aims to close STEM skills gap with new programmeon September 27, 2022 at 11:15 am
- Cybersecurity Just Became a Board Issue for Realby Devin Jones, Chief Strategy Officer, Active Cypher on September 27, 2022 at 11:00 am
Several market trends are beginning to converge that will force companies to prioritize cybersecurity with greater urgency than before. Insurance and regulatory costs are going through the roof.
- A Computer Weekly buyer’s guide to satellite broadbandon September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Robo investment platform adopts open banking-based paymentson September 27, 2022 at 9:45 am
- Guy’s Cancer collaborates with healthtech provider to digitise patient careon September 27, 2022 at 9:31 am
- American football giants jet into digital age with HCLTechon September 27, 2022 at 9:13 am
- Specsavers clinicians used company data to spot Covid referral collapseon September 27, 2022 at 8:01 am
- Broadcasters treat data science as niche and sporadic in useon September 27, 2022 at 7:49 am
- Making digital a key ingredient at Mondelezon September 27, 2022 at 3:34 am
- Bank warns of spike in online cost-of-living scamson September 26, 2022 at 7:01 pm
- How Russian intelligence hacked the encrypted emails of former MI6 boss Richard Dearloveon September 26, 2022 at 3:38 pm
- Data analysis and artificial intelligence key industrial strategy missions for Labouron September 26, 2022 at 12:50 pm
- More than 30 startups to join Plexal’s Cyber Runway acceleratoron September 26, 2022 at 12:30 pm
- Top 10 Trends Transforming the Cloud, According to Forresterby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on September 26, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Hyperscalers offering composability and concerns about dependence on megavendors among the trends molding the future of the cloud.
- Data Management Models for the Cloudby Nathan Eddy, Freelance Writer on September 26, 2022 at 12:00 pm
To ensure business value is being derived from cloud-based data, a strong focus on governance policies and processes is necessary.
- Tech salaries continue to increase as firms search for talenton September 26, 2022 at 11:30 am
- 5 Reasons Why SMBs Should be America’s Cloud Role Modelsby Rick Lazio, Senior Vice President, Alliantgroup on September 26, 2022 at 11:00 am
Small and mid-sized businesses can leverage their scalability and agility, as well as targeted tax credits, to lead with 100% cloud adoption.
- PoINT to offer on-site S3 object storage archive on disk and tapeon September 26, 2022 at 10:00 am
- FCSA calls for government clampdown on cloned umbrella companieson September 26, 2022 at 7:45 am
- Microsoft Azure UK region to host data of five million healthcare research scheme volunteerson September 26, 2022 at 6:15 am
- Quick Study: Emerging Fintechby James M. Connolly, Contributing Editor and Writer on September 23, 2022 at 11:30 am
Here’s a curated collection of our articles on what the banking and investment sectors are doing with new financial technologies and how those techs prepare businesses for the future.
- Conversation between two police officers formed basis of EncroChat warrant, court hearson September 23, 2022 at 11:30 am
- The Right System Architecture Will Reduce Software Failuresby Vigneswaran Kennady, Senior Manager, Software Engineering, Capital One on September 23, 2022 at 11:00 am
Companies can minimize software program failures by following these best practices.
- The challenges of verifying AI for healthcareon September 23, 2022 at 10:41 am
- It’s time for engineering teams to own DevSecOpson September 23, 2022 at 9:45 am
- 4 Lessons Learned From the Latest Uber Breachby Carrie Pallardy, Contributing Reporter on September 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
Yet another security breach headline might seem like business is usual, but Uber’s latest cybersecurity incident is a call for IT leaders to consider their own organizations’ vulnerabilities.
- Reduce the Pain of Modernizing Mainframes in 4 Stepson September 22, 2022 at 7:56 pm
Many leaders are reluctant to move off mainframe technology due to cost and risks. Here are four ways to understand your opportunities for lowering your modernization risks.
- Mobile Tech Transforming Bill Payment Habitsby Nathan Eddy, Freelance Writer on September 22, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Consumers across generations are rapidly switching to and using mobile platforms and applications to pay bills. But moving an organization to a mobile payment future is an all-hands-on-deck play.
- Attracting Talent Now Requires a Work from Anywhere Programby Mark Daniels, Director of Global Mobility, Guidewire Software on September 22, 2022 at 11:00 am
Global mobility programs have become necessary to attract and retain top tech talent. What lessons have early adopters of ‘work from anywhere’ programs learned?
- How IT Leaders Can Be Proactive in the Face of Changeby Network Computing, Contributor on September 22, 2022 at 10:00 am
Expect the unexpected, and prepare for it by having a stronger, more secure network, say IT leaders still adjusting to a new workplace.
- IT Talent Crunch Shifts Tech Investment Strategiesby Nathan Eddy, Freelance Writer on September 21, 2022 at 12:00 pm
IT and business leaders are re-examining their tech stack during the economic slowdown to prioritize solutions that deliver maximum value to employees, not complexity and burnout.
- How CIOs Can Prevent Themselves From Burning Outby Mary E. Shacklett, President of Transworld Data on September 21, 2022 at 11:30 am
Chief information officers have dealt with staff burnout issues for years -- but what about their own?
- Creating an Inclusive Culture for Women in DevOpsby Surya Dashrath, Group Product Manager, AutoRABIT on September 21, 2022 at 11:00 am
There's a gender gap in the DevOps field. It's time for IT and DevOps leaders to take steps to make the DevOps team a place where women feel welcome and ready to contribute.
- Understanding SASE Security Efficacy in a Complex Worldon September 20, 2022 at 1:35 pm
(Sponsored Article) Not all SASE solutions are created equal. It’s imperative that organizations consistently protect hybrid work with best-in-class security everywhere.
- Sam's Club CTO Talks Infrastructure Modernization, AIby Jessica Davis, Senior Editor on September 20, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Sam's Club CTO Vinod Bidarkoppa talks about changing consumer behavior during the pandemic and his organization's tech infrastructure modernization, from mainframes to the cloud.
- Are Channel Partners a Bottleneck?by Andrew Froehlich, President & Lead Network Architect, West Gate Networks on September 20, 2022 at 11:30 am
There's been a shift in the need for installation and on-going support for IT gear acquisition. Some buyers don't need traditional channel support.
- Next Wave of Digital Transformation and Its Impact on ITby Amit Patel, Amit Patel, Senior Vice President, Consulting Solutions on September 20, 2022 at 11:00 am
From cybersecurity to metaverse, the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the adoption of digital technologies in almost every industry sector, and it is the impacting IT group.
- Automation Gains a Foothold, But How to Scale It Is the Challengeby Nathan Eddy, Freelance Writer on September 19, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Enterprises are starting to look at AI-backed automation as a strategic, enterprise-wide process, but IT leaders must learn how to scale.
- Two-Minute Toolkit: CloudSphere on Cybersecurity and Offboardingby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on September 19, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Technical Evangelist Keith Neilson talks security considerations that may come up as a company parts ways with an employee.
- How to Measure Automation Success for the Enterpriseby Karli Kapala, Head of Business Service & Design, Digital Workforce on September 19, 2022 at 11:00 am
As with any business tool, the success of automation programs should be steered by an enterprise’s overall strategy.
- 6 SASE Components and their Impact on Network Securityby Network Computing, Contributor on September 19, 2022 at 10:00 am
SASE combines network and security functions into a single multi-tenant cloud platform that improves performance and strengthens security.
- VC and Analyst Notes from FinovateFall on the Future of Fintechby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on September 16, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Where is investment money going in the fintech scene? Are banks really leveraging tech resources effectively?
- What Do US Restrictions of China Sales Mean for the AI Chip Industry?by Carrie Pallardy, Contributing Reporter on September 16, 2022 at 12:00 pm
The US government announced restrictions that limit Nvidia and Advanced Micro Devices AI chip sales to China. This regulatory move has a significant impact on the AI chip industry.
- How to Prepare for New PCI DSS 4.0 Requirementsby Nathan Eddy, Freelance Writer on September 15, 2022 at 12:00 pm
With the new requirements set to start in March 2024, organizations should start preparing now -- a multi-step process that will be felt across the organization.
- Two-Factor Authentication by 2023 is Not Soon Enoughby Kevin Delaney, Director, Solutions Engineering, Security Compass on September 15, 2022 at 11:00 am
Despite the complexities involved, organizations must force two-factor authentication sooner than later, as a single password may be the only thing protecting your data.
- Chip Shortage Updateby John Edwards, Technology Journalist & Author on September 15, 2022 at 11:00 am
Climate fluctuations and geopolitical issues are challenging an already struggling semiconductor supply chain, but better days may lie ahead.
- Box and MongoDB CEOs Chat About Software and the Future of Workby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on September 14, 2022 at 12:00 pm
A return to office might not be straightforward as companies face a host of varied options, including maintaining hybrid operations long term.
- 10 Cool International Locations for Remote Workers to Considerby Cynthia Harvey, Freelance Journalist, InformationWeek on September 14, 2022 at 12:00 pm
If you've negotiated for permanent remote work, are you looking for cheap living, fast internet, a tropical location, and perhaps some adventure? Here are some of the top international locations US expatriates are moving to work remotely.
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Invest in Your Employee Experiencesby Charlton Monsanto, EVP Digital Customer Experience, Capgemini Americas on September 14, 2022 at 11:00 am
Connected and immersive employee experiences can boost productivity, retention, sustainability, and inclusion. Here's what businesses need to know.
- How to Attract Venture Capital to Your Startupby John Edwards, Technology Journalist & Author on September 13, 2022 at 12:00 pm
You believe that your tech innovation is going to change the world. Venture capital can actually make that happen.
- How to Draw and Retain Top Talent in Cyber Securityby Simon Eyre, CISO, Drawbridge on September 13, 2022 at 11:00 am
Rethinking your recruitment practices to attract and retain a more diverse workforce is the key to plugging cyber job gaps.
- Does Your SD-WAN Deliver the Best ROI?on September 12, 2022 at 6:42 pm
(Sponsored Article) ): Return on investment (ROI) is top of mind for any organization. Prisma SD-WAN ensures their digital initiatives are improving business outcomes with the best ROI.
- Overcoming Roadblocks to Digital Transformation with SASEon September 12, 2022 at 6:01 pm
(Sponsored Article) As companies have adapted to the new normal, significant challenges have emerged as barriers to digital transformation. Learn how to overcome them with SASE.
- Reining in the Risks of Sustainable Sourcingby Samuel Greengard, Contributing Reporter on September 12, 2022 at 12:15 pm
Building more ecofriendly and sustainable supply chains is rapidly becoming a top priority for businesses. A clear strategy and the right technology that delivers visibility can reduce risks and improve results.
- SAP North America’s New President Talks Reinventing for the Cloudby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on September 12, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Lloyd Adams discusses his new position as the enterprise software giant continues to reshape its dynamics in the cloud era.
- Two-Minute Toolkit: Kissflow on Low-Code for Digital Transformationby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on September 12, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Chief Product Officer Dinesh Varadharajan discusses ways low-code can aid for digital transformation.
- Ready for Anything: Forrester Preps IT Leaders to Be ‘Future Fit’by Jessica Davis, Senior Editor on September 12, 2022 at 11:00 am
Whether it's migrating to the cloud, deploying a low code/no code strategy, leveraging analytics, wooing new talent, or any other technology initiative, today's IT leaders must be prepared for the future even in this age of uncertainty. A Forrester event promises to help.
- How to Make Vendor Technology Bakeoffs Workby Mary E. Shacklett, President of Transworld Data on September 9, 2022 at 12:00 pm
When, if ever, does it make sense to pit vendors against one another in a technology bakeoff?
- Know Your Adversaries: The Top Network Bad Actorsby John Edwards, Technology Journalist & Author on September 9, 2022 at 11:00 am
The bad guys are out to steal your data, identity, money, and anything else they can lay their digital hands on. Here's a rundown of today's major adversaries.
- Twilio Breach: 5 Questions to Ask About Protecting Your Own Businessby Carrie Pallardy, Contributing Reporter on September 8, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Each new breach is a call for organizations to look at their own cybersecurity. What lessons can IT leaders take from the spear-phishing campaign that earned attackers thousands of Okta credentials?
- Crash Course on E-Discovery for CIOs and CDOsby Pam Baker, Contributing Writer on September 8, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Here’s a quick tutorial on what e-discovery is, what one looks like when it lands on your organization, and how to handle it.
- FinTech Tools, Security Concerns Top of Mind for Gen-Z Bankingby Nathan Eddy, Freelance Writer on September 8, 2022 at 11:30 am
Banks and financial institutions are turning to data analytics and AI to help Gen Z with planning and tapping into biometrics to assuage their cybersecurity concerns.
- Serving Today's Customer: Honor the Surfaceby Kawal Gandhi, Office of the CTO, Google Cloud on September 8, 2022 at 11:00 am
Commerce is facing a new trend: a new age of surfaces. Here’s what we’ve learned about how businesses can start to implement this trend, which will soon impact all businesses.
- The Annual Drama of Digital Transformationon September 7, 2022 at 2:07 pm
Discover why there is so much drama around digital transformation, and the things that you need to consider addressing to be successful.
- Offboarding Staff Securely: Best Practices in the Extended Workforce Eraby Nathan Eddy, Freelance Writer on September 7, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Securely offboarding employees is a multi-departmental effort that grows more important as distributed workforces and cloud-based collaboration broaden endpoints and network access.
- There Are Pros and Cons to Outsourcing Coding Globallyby John Edwards, Technology Journalist & Author on September 7, 2022 at 11:30 am
Skilled coders are hard to find. Fortunately, coding is an international language, so you don't have to limit your software developer search to one country.
- The Wild Ride in Tech Dealmaking Continuesby Alan Jones, Partner and US TMT Deals Leader, PwC. on September 7, 2022 at 11:00 am
Here’s what chief information officers need to know about what’s happening in technology deals.
- Quick Study: E-Commerceby James M. Connolly, Contributing Editor and Writer on September 6, 2022 at 12:00 pm
This collection of articles offers insight to enterprise IT leaders on approaches to e-commerce, risks, consumer privacy issues, and examples of e-commerce successes.
- How to Optimize Your Organization for Innovationby John Edwards, Technology Journalist & Author on September 6, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Building a culture that embraces creativity can lead to long-term competitive success. Here's what you need to know to get started.
- Leveraging the Power of Online Employee Self-Service Portalsby Mary E. Shacklett, President of Transworld Data on September 6, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Employee self-service portals can improve employee engagement and give employees more autonomy. Here's a look at how IT can optimize these platforms and avoid the pitfalls.
- Navigating Complexities of M&A: Getting the Culture Rightby Tara Barbieri, VP of Integrated Services Orchestration, CDW on September 5, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Here are three key behaviors that IT and business leaders should keep in mind to ensure that the cultures of both companies align during and after an acquisition.
- Inclusion and Allyship Should be Expected of Male Leadersby Stevie Yap, General Manager of Research, Xero on September 5, 2022 at 11:00 am
Men in leadership positions can be a vehicle for diversity and inclusion, rather than a roadblock.
- Data’s Struggle to Become an Assetby Mary E. Shacklett, President of Transworld Data on September 2, 2022 at 12:00 pm
CIOs, CEOs, and other business executives acknowledge data’s importance, but its stature as an asset remains unclear.
- Life in 2050: How Will AI Shape the Future?by William McKnight, President, McKnight Consulting Group on September 2, 2022 at 11:00 am
While artificial intelligence is already changing our world, it’s really only just begun. Here’s my vision of what life might be like in 2050.
- Why You Need Self-Serve in the Hybrid Workplaceon September 1, 2022 at 9:29 pm
(Sponsored Article) Every IT team has been flooded with tickets at one time or another. Self-Service can help reduce the number of incoming tickets while improving workforce productivity and experience.
- California Data Privacy Law Nabs Sephora, Sets Stage for Futureby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on September 1, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Enforcement of the California Consumer Privacy Act leads to $1.2 million settlement from Sephora as new regulatory era begins.
- The Power of AI Coding Assistanceby Nathan Eddy, Freelance Writer on September 1, 2022 at 11:00 am
With the growing developer shortage, AI coding assistants are increasingly helpful as they bridge the skills gap by lowering the barrier to entry.
- CIOs: Stop Spending on Bad Techby Prasad Ramakrishnan, SVP of IT and CIO, Freshworks on September 1, 2022 at 10:00 am
US IT departments waste $85B yearly on bad tech. Chief information officers must assess their tech stack to prevent deeper debt and the potential added cost of attrition.
- How to Logically Evaluate an IT Job Offerby John Edwards, Technology Journalist & Author on August 31, 2022 at 12:00 pm
You just got a job offer. Now what can you do to make sure it's an acceptable deal?
- Why CIOs Need to Be Even More Dominant in the C-Suite Right Nowby Nathan Eddy, Freelance Writer on August 31, 2022 at 11:00 am
Shifts in today’s economy demand that all C-levels sharpen their investments to focus on returns, and chief information officers will need to support these changing business conditions.
- Is Your Business Prepared to Operate After a Ransomware Attack?by Network Computing, Contributor on August 31, 2022 at 10:00 am
Three best practices to ensure business continuity and minimize data loss following a ransomware attack.
- What You Need to Know About Web3by John Edwards, Technology Journalist & Author on August 30, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Web3 promises to revolutionize online life. Here's a look at the changes that are headed your way.
- August 2022 Global Tech Policy Bulletin: From Trouble in Taiwan to Intrigue at the FTCby Carlo Massimo, Political Reporter and Columnist on August 30, 2022 at 11:00 am
Global tech policy in August: Taiwan targeted by Chinese DDoS attacks; Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act leaves more questions than answers for electric car makers; online censorship bills sweep South Asia; semiconductors as Wagner’s Ring; and more.
- How Observability Can Help Manage Complex IT Networksby Nathan Eddy, Freelance Writer on August 30, 2022 at 10:00 am
The key to improving IT infrastructure management is observability, a matter of growing concern for IT leaders as networks become more complex.
- Cloud Migration: 9 Ways to Ease the Agonyby Pam Baker, Contributing Writer on August 29, 2022 at 12:00 pm
The pandemic spurred all companies to move to the cloud. But that doesn’t mean the job is done. Here are some tips to make the move less torturous.
- How to Transition to the Cloudby Jesse McHargue, Senior Solutions Engineer, Nintex on August 29, 2022 at 11:00 am
Organizations should resist the impulse to keep a chokehold on allowing technologies into the corporate environment. It's time to consider whether a move to the cloud or an expanded presence in the cloud is right for your organization.
- Why Migrating a Database to the Cloud is Like a Heart Transplantby Jessica Davis, Senior Editor on August 26, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Migrating your organization's on-premises database to a native-cloud database is fraught with challenges and potential benefits. Here are recommendations to ensure this ‘heart transplant’ doesn't fail.
- How to Save Yourself From Vendor Lock-in and a Cloud Messby Kay Nair, VP of Global Cloud and Strategic Sales, Neo4j on August 26, 2022 at 11:00 am
Organizations need to carefully map out their requirements and selection of providers for their cloud strategy and understand why their strategy calls for long-term planning and flexibility.
- How to Implement AIOps for SD-WAN in Your Networkon August 25, 2022 at 1:19 pm
(Sponsored Article) Artificial intelligence for operations has been instrumental in automating functions and simplifying operations. Bringing this powerful capability to SD-WAN transforms branch infrastructure and reduces complexity. Organizations require a strong strategy in implementing this at their branches to improve operational efficiency and branch agility.
- Quick Study: Finding the Right Databy James M. Connolly, Contributing Editor and Writer on August 25, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Not enough data can leave a company eating competitors’ dust. Too much data can be hard to manage. We’ve pulled together recent articles on data quality and management and how the right data can drive success.
- 3 Ways to Keep Software Installations and Upgrades Under Controlby Mary E. Shacklett, President of Transworld Data on August 25, 2022 at 11:00 am
There is seldom a software installation or major upgrade that proceeds flawlessly. How can you minimize disruption and encourage users as they get used to a new system?
- DevOps and Security Takeaways From Twitter Whistleblower Claimsby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on August 24, 2022 at 8:14 pm
Allegations from whistleblower Peiter ‘Mudge’ Zatko, Twitter’s former head of cybersecurity, raise questions about observability, access rights, and the pressures on developers.
- How to Nurture Talent and Protect Your IT Starsby Nathan Eddy, Freelance Writer on August 24, 2022 at 12:00 pm
In an era where the fight for IT talent is fierce and demand exploding across all industries, organizations must look to create opportunities for training and nurturing their specialists.
- Technology as a Competitive Edge in the Battle for Talentby Mike Williams, CEO, Mitratech on August 24, 2022 at 11:00 am
What technology and tools should companies be leveraging to be truly competitive in the battle for talent?
- No-Code Platforms and Easy Processes Bring the Benefits of Automationon August 23, 2022 at 1:31 pm
It is now easier than ever to automate key processes. Here is a brief roadmap to help you get started while reducing the risks of project failures.
- Q&A: How Data Science Fits into the Cloud Spend Equationby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth, Senior Writer on August 23, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Shane Quinlan, director of product management with Kion, talks about establishing guardrails and opportunities for data scientists to use cloud resources.