We think some of the prevalent technology trends into the next decade will drive a great wave of disruption and create the largest opportunities in the market seen for many decades and will usher in the next phase of long overdue evolutionary level change. We are certain that exciting times are ahead for the sector, however, the proviso is that it will require much effort to keep up with what will be a very uncertain but exciting decade of growth opportunities.
By the beginning of the decade over two thirds of enterprises will be experimenting with immersive technologies for both consumer and enterprise use, and over a quarter will have them deployed in production, and low-code application development will be responsible for almost two thirds percent of application development activity approaching the middle of the decade.
Amongst these we consider the cloud, blockchain, human augmentation and automation as some of the major technology trends that have potential to power both transformation and optimisation initiatives. Leaders and innovators will have to work along the principles of embracing this ever evolving environment or risk getting left far behind.
Here are the some of the major trends for the next decade that we predict will dominate the sector moving ahead from 2020……….
- Artifiical Intelligence
- Augmented Reality
- Human Augementation
- Cloud Computing
- Machine Learning
- Big Data
- Internet Of Things
- Why the Pandemic Accelerated the Decline of the Data Dashboardby Jessica Davis Senior Editor, Enterprise Apps on July 27, 2021 at 1:00 pm
An uncommon event like a pandemic means that last year's data can't be used to predict this year's conditions. What's next after that data dashboard?
- ICO ends its involvement in dispute between NatWest Bank and data breach whistlebloweron July 27, 2021 at 11:30 am
- 3 Tips for Creating a Strong, Healthy Software Teamby Ryan Jackson, Principal Consultant of Technology Solutions, InfoWorks on July 27, 2021 at 11:00 am
Lots of things can ruin the success of a software project. Your approach to people and processes doesn't have to be one of them.
- Running a virtual hackathonon July 27, 2021 at 9:45 am
- Gaming could reduce the gamble for users of online financeon July 27, 2021 at 8:30 am
- US lawmakers call for probe into ‘arrogant’ spyware firmon July 27, 2021 at 6:16 am
- TikTok sets up cyber security hub in Dublinon July 27, 2021 at 6:13 am
- Standard Life Assurance uses IGEL to support home workerson July 27, 2021 at 6:11 am
- Are we getting cyber security skills all wrong?on July 27, 2021 at 3:00 am
- AI Liability Risks to Considerby Lisa Morgan Freelance Writer on July 26, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Sooner or later, AI may do something unexpected. If it does, blaming the algorithm won't help.
- AI Requires a Holistic Framework and Scalable Projectsby Ghadi Hobeika, CEO, Artefact US on July 26, 2021 at 11:00 am
Artificial intelligence and digital transformation projects have a low success rate, but best practices help.
- Malicious actors turn to obscure programming languageson July 26, 2021 at 11:00 am
- No More Ransom initiative saves £850m over five yearson July 26, 2021 at 10:45 am
- Government-led innovation can help cyber startups find a marketon July 26, 2021 at 5:17 am
- How digital operations drive ERP modernisationon July 26, 2021 at 3:00 am
- Most Influential Women in UK Tech 2021: Entrants to the Hall of Fameon July 23, 2021 at 12:30 pm
- Data and Analytics Salaries Heat Up in Recovery Economyby Jessica Davis Senior Editor, Enterprise Apps on July 23, 2021 at 12:00 pm
After a year of uncertainty, the employment market for data scientists and analytics pros is heating up again.
- Bridging from Now to the Pure Digital Futureby Lenley Hensarling, Chief Strategy Officer, Aerospike on July 23, 2021 at 11:00 am
Enterprises need to consider augmenting traditional systems, rather than ripping and replacing them, as they pursue digital transformation.
- DWP hit with £87.9m tax bill by HMRC over 'historic' IR35 status contractor assessment errorson July 23, 2021 at 9:00 am
- TfL under fire for relying on Uber facial-verification data in licensing decisionson July 23, 2021 at 7:45 am
- SAS steps up free data skills programme for job seekerson July 23, 2021 at 6:55 am
- Kaseya obtains universal ransomware decryptoron July 23, 2021 at 6:35 am
- BCS, Royal Statistical Society, Alan Turing Institute combine to cement data science professionalismon July 23, 2021 at 5:00 am
- Blockchain Gets Real Across Industriesby Lisa Morgan Freelance Writer on July 22, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Blockchain use cases are exploding across industries because these days trust is 'a thing.' Here are 11 examples.
- Why IT Should Be the Next Focus of Your Sustainability Effortsby Elfije Lemaitre, Capgemini and Sarah Pope, Capgemini Invent on July 22, 2021 at 11:00 am
Reducing the environmental impacts from technology systems, devices, and capabilities can help companies reach their emissions goals.
- Plans to address legal but harmful content ‘threaten free speech’on July 22, 2021 at 10:31 am
- UK government publishes full Innovation Strategyon July 22, 2021 at 10:26 am
- DNA storage promises 10 million x storage capacity booston July 22, 2021 at 10:00 am
- How the JEDI Cancellation May Influence Future IT Contractsby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth Senior Writer on July 21, 2021 at 12:00 pm
When the Pentagon pulled the plug on the $10 billion cloud deal, it raised questions on how big IT contracts might be handled going forward.
- Ways to Build a Talented and Reliable Work-at-Home IT Workforceby John Edwards Technology Journalist & Author on July 21, 2021 at 11:00 am
COVID-19 forced many organizations to create virtual IT teams. Things worked out so well that a growing number of IT leaders are now looking to build a permanent home-based workforce.
- What is AWS CloudFront?by adminblog on July 21, 2021 at 6:42 am
In this blog on Amazon CloudFront, we will read in detail about the following topics: The post What is AWS CloudFront? appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- Information Security Vs. Cyber Security - Is there any difference?by Anmol Jain on July 21, 2021 at 6:16 am
Information Security and Cyber Security are distinct security types and it is crucial for organizations The post Information Security Vs. Cyber Security - Is there any difference? appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- Top IT Certification Roadmap in 2021by Kanchana on July 21, 2021 at 6:03 am
To know the certifications and their corresponding levels that will push you forward in your The post Top IT Certification Roadmap in 2021 appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- Top 30 Azure DevOps Interview Questions and Answersby Shirin on July 21, 2021 at 5:50 am
The post Top 30 Azure DevOps Interview Questions and Answers appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- 7 Best Ethereum Wallets of 2021 to manage your ETHby Megha Parvathy on July 21, 2021 at 5:38 am
Ethereum is the second-largest and most valuable cryptocurrency in the world, despite it being only The post 7 Best Ethereum Wallets of 2021 to manage your ETH appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- GitLab vs GitHub: Key Differences Between GitHub and GitLabby karan kumar on July 21, 2021 at 5:30 am
These days, so many are confused between GitLab and GitHub because of their similarities. So The post GitLab vs GitHub: Key Differences Between GitHub and GitLab appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- Remote Work Tops SF, NYC for Most High-Paying Job Openingsby Jessica Davis Senior Editor, Enterprise Apps on July 20, 2021 at 12:00 pm
The city with the largest number of high-paying job openings is no longer a city. It's remote work. And the trend is here to stay.
- 3 Ways To Make Conversational AI Work For Your Organizationby Edwin Van der Ouderaa and Sharad Sachdev, Accenture on July 20, 2021 at 11:00 am
There's little doubt that conversational AI is gaining momentum. The question is this: How can you use it to deliver real business value?
- Seeking a Competitive Edge vs. Chasing Savings in the Cloudby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth Senior Writer on July 19, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Results from an Accenture survey point to risk of missing out on strategic advantages if organizations focus strictly on cost-savings from the cloud.
- How Cloud Can Drive Sustainable, Data-Driven Successby Karthik Narain, Accenture Cloud First Lead on July 19, 2021 at 11:00 am
Chief information officers have been charged with driving financial, security, and agility benefits through cloud, but sustainability is quickly becoming another imperative for technology leaders.
- SAS Founders Call Off Sales Talks with Broadcomby Jessica Davis Senior Editor, Enterprise Apps on July 16, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Longtime analytics giant SAS briefly entertained the idea of being acquired by semiconductor giant Broadcom. Now that the talks are off, what's next for the 45-year-old enterprise stalwart?
- RPA Tutorial for Developers - Learn RPA Online for Beginnersby Naveen on July 16, 2021 at 3:06 am
Overview of Robotic Process Automation In this RPA tutorial or RPA full form that is Robotic The post RPA Tutorial for Developers - Learn RPA Online for Beginners appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- How to Best Assess Your Security Postureby Lisa Morgan Freelance Writer on July 15, 2021 at 11:45 am
Cybersecurity is a rapidly moving target. If you don't understand your current state, how can you improve it?
- Building a Post-Pandemic Cloud Strategyby Jenny Koehler, Cloud & Digital Leader, PwC on July 15, 2021 at 11:00 am
Here's what every chief information officer needs to know to create an effective cloud strategy.
- What is Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)?by Naveen on July 14, 2021 at 12:17 pm
We will learn about: What is Kubernetes ? What is Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) Pros The post What is Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)? appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- How to Become an IT Industry Thought Leaderby John Edwards Technology Journalist & Author on July 14, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Many IT executives -- and prospective executives -- would like to share their knowledge and insights as industry thought leaders. Here's a look at what you need to know to get started.
- How IT Leaders Can Adopt an Automation Mindsetby Wendy M. Pfeiffer, CIO, Nutanix on July 14, 2021 at 11:00 am
Too often, IT pros focus on one-off problems instead of leveraging automation to drive long-term innovation. Instead, IT leaders should adopt the big-picture mindset of a Formula 1 champion.
- What is Amazon Cognito?by Akash Kumar on July 14, 2021 at 7:01 am
Here is the list of topics that will be covered in this blog in case The post What is Amazon Cognito? appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- The Importance of Cyber Security in Banking Sectorby Atif Khan on July 14, 2021 at 6:45 am
In recent years, the demand for cybersecurity products and services has increased across industries. This The post The Importance of Cyber Security in Banking Sector appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.
- CTOs Evolve in Shake Up of Digital Leadership in the C-Suiteby Joao-Pierre S. Ruth Senior Writer on July 13, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Expectations for them to deliver game-changing strategies may push chief technology officers to take on new responsibilities and decision-making powers.